I participated in a bookish bingo hosted by a different blogger over the summer, and enjoyed it immensely. It really helped me put a dent in my TBR! So when I heard about the winter bookish bingo being held by Pretty Deadly Reviews, I knew I had to participate. I’ve been struggling with reading motivation since around the end of November, and I hope this helps me shake off the slump. Not to mention, there will be a giveaway at the end of the season! How cool is that?
- Every new season has a new bingo card. This one is for books read in the months of December, January, and February.
- The object is to get as many BINGOs as possible (five across, up and down, or diagonal).
- One square per book.
- You do not have to review these books, or even have a blog, this is simply for books read during the allotted months.
- At the end of February, there will be an international giveaway for all participants. The more BINGOs you get, the more entries you get in the giveaway!
- To participate, simply leave a comment! (Link to host blog; not mine)
It looks like a bunch of people are assigning certain books to each square, which seems like a good idea, because last time I just winged it and things got a little mixed up! So here is my anticipated list:
- Green Cover: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Alternative Format: Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Set Abroad: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- Sequel: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Own Voices: Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West
- Banned Book: TBD
- 2017 Debut: Difficult Women by Roxane Gay
- Romance: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- GR Choice Nominee: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Pink Cover: My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows
- Not YA: Orange, Collection Two by Ichigo Takano
- White Cover: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Science Fiction: A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab
- Dec/Jan/Feb Release: A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab
- Crime: The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- Survival: Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- Blue Cover: Red Queen Victoria Aveyard
- LGBT: Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
- Super Hyped: Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- Twitter Poll: TBD
- Nature on Cover: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- Unreliable Narrator: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- Cover Buy: A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab
- Urban Fantasy: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
As you can see, I left some squares TBD (to be determined). I will no doubt be buying and receiving books over the upcoming Christmas holiday and my birthday (Feb. 12!), so books are going to be added and possibly shifted around before the season is over. But hopefully I can get a bunch of bingos either way!
Have you participated in any bookish bingos? Do activities like this help you get through your TBR?