Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Happy Tuesday! Only five days until Christmas, and I can’t wait to go to my parents’ house, where I will do nothing but blog and eat cookies and pretend not to be an adult with responsibilities for at least the weekend. Because that’s what the holidays are all about! …Right?
I don’t think I asked anyone in particular for any specific books (aside from my bookish Secret Santas), because while I like receiving books, I like the experience of going to the bookstore and picking them out more. BUT, if Santa were to surprise me with a book or some book-related swag, I wouldn’t complain! Here are 10 things I would most like to see underneath my Christmas tree:
- Either of the two Harry Potter illustrated editions. While gorgeous, I haven’t been able to bring myself to spend $60+ on them.
- The whole hardcover set of The Raven Cycle. Ok, so this is technically more than one book, but I have the first three books in paperback, and the mismatching is KILLING ME.
- A hardcover copy of A Court of Thorns and Roses. For the same reason as stated above. I NEED my copies to match before the release of A Court of Wings and Ruin next year!
- One of the new Feyre candles from Flickering Books. Feyre is one of my favorite characters, and this candle looks amazing. But shipping costs to the US from New Zealand is a liiiittle expensive.
- The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer. I’ve been in the mood lately to read a thriller, and this one caught my eye at Half Price Books the other day. But I picked up the boxed set of Red Queen and Glass Sword instead. SO SUE ME.
- A Tiana Funko Pop! vinyl figure. I need her, er, body to make my custom Winter figure (from The Lunar Chronicles). And yes, I know that’s probably one of the weirdest things you’ve read in a while, but I’m still going to publish it because I am an artist!
- The Penguin Drop Caps edition of Jane Eyre. I have a growing collection of this novel, because it’s my favorite classic, and the Drop Caps edition is sooooo gorgeous!
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West. This book is on my TBR for both the bookish bingo and the readathon I’m participating in, but I don’t actually own a copy yet. Also, I’m hoping it’ll be my book club’s next read. So I really ought to get my hands on a copy, eh? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge to Santa*
- A copy of Ms. Marvel or Spider-Gwen #1. I desperately want to read both of these comic series. Not to mention, I feel like a poser because I’m wearing a Spider-Gwen T-shirt as I type this, yet I haven’t read the comics. It’s an ultimate geek party foul!
- A Gryffindor coffee mug. I don’t even have a specific shop in mind, I just want to rep my Hogwarts House while over-caffeinating myself. Although, admittedly, I’m starting to run out of space in my kitchen cabinet with all of the coffee mugs I already own…
I feel like this could have been a never-ending list, but these are the first 1o things that popped into my mind, so I figure that’s what I must really want! What are some books or bookish items you would like to see under your Christmas tree? (I was tempted to also add an ARC of The Illuminae Files #3, because a girl can dream!)