Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Happy Tuesday, and happy New Year! 2017 is going to bring us some pretty great books, and I’m excited to talk about them today. I’m also hoping “debut” just means new, and I can count sequels on the list. Because sequels are where my real excitement lies! *cough* ACOWAR *cough*
So, here is my top 10 list of 2017 debuts I’m excited for, in chronological order:
- Difficult Women by Roxane Gay (Jan. 3)
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard (Feb. 7)
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab (Feb. 21)
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (Feb. 28)
- Unearthly Things by Michelle Gagnon (April 11)
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins (May 2)
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (May 2)
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (June 13)
- The Lying Game by Ruth Ware (June 15)
- Throne of Glass #6 by Sarah J. Maas (Sept. 5)
- The Illuminae Files #3 by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Oct. 2017)
I was originally going to supply the details about the books myself instead of linking to them, but in doing so I accidentally spoiled myself when I got to King’s Cage. (I haven’t actually read that series yet; I’m waiting for February to get closer before I start, so I’m still excited. If that makes sense.) So I hope you don’t mind clicking links if something catches your eye!
I actually stumbled upon Unearthly Things while making the list, and since it’s a Jane Eyre-inspired retelling, I decided to include it. It doesn’t necessarily sound groundbreaking, but I am obsessed with Jane Eyre, therefore I pretty much have to read it! (If you don’t believe me, check out this book stack.)
I also had NO IDEA Ruth Ware was already coming out with a new book, and since I am currently reading The Woman in Cabin 10 and loving it, The Lying Game made the list, too!
I think if I had to narrow this list down to my MOST anticipated, I would pick ACOWAR, ToG #6, and Illuminae #3. Those last two don’t even have cover or title releases yet, but I NEED THEM. *flails*
What 2017 releases are you most looking forward to?