Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
I totally spaced last week’s Top 10 Tuesday post, but I’m back this week, and just in time for the freebie topic!
Unfortunately, I am feeling completely drained this week (and it’s only Tuesday! *sobs*), so my creativity is at an all-time low. I’ve been browsing through other blogs to see what they’ve come up with for today’s freebie top 10 list, and I really liked the idea Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek had—favorite book quotes! And it totally fits because I co-create a monthly challenge on Bookstagram that incorporates book quotes, so I’m always finding new ones to fall in love with.
Here are my some of my favorite quotes right now, in no particular order:
- “If I breathed, I would sigh. I would scream. I would cry.”
- “The beautiful thing about books was that anyone could open them.”
– This Savage Song
- “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”
– Jane Eyre
- “In a certain light, feminism is just the long, slow realization that the stuff you love hates you.”
– Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman
- “Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.”
– Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- “When the world owed you nothing, you demanded something of it anyway.”
– Crooked Kingdom
- “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
– Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “Is there no way out of the mind?”
– Apprehensions (Sylvia Plath)
- “I try not to change, but I keep changing, in all these tiny ways.”
– Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
- “Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.”
– A Song of Ice and Fire
What is one (or more) of your favorite book quotes?