Happy Thursday! I was out perusing the internets for a new idea for Book Tag Thursday, when I found the You’re Not Good Enough Book Tag on Dreamland Book Blog, originally created by Read Like Wildfire and Becca the Book Reviewer. It sounded brutal, so naturally I was intrigued!
The premise is to write down the names of 30 book characters on pieces of paper, scramble them up, and randomly pick two for each question asked. Once you have your two champions, you decide who would be the best fit for the question or situation… and who isn’t good enough!
But because I am lazy and have terrible handwriting, I decided to use a random name picker and typed my 30 into that. So let’s jump right in, shall we?
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling Bee team. Who would you pick to complete your team?
Manon Blackbeak (Throne of Glass) OR Feyre Archeron (A Court of Thorns and Roses)
Definitely Feyre, as long as this is post-reading and writing lessons with Rhysand. I feel like she would want to win just to shove the trophy up his ass.
2. Both characters want to kill you. Which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Prince Kai (Lunar Chronicles) OR Ronan Lynch (Raven Cycle)
Uhhh, I should probably kill Kai first, so there’s no way the two can gang up on me. Fighting Ronan is going to be hard enough!
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters. Who gets the rose?
Lila Bard (A Darker Shade of Magic) OR Noah Czerny (Raven Cycle)
Noah! He’s such a sweetheart, even though he has a habit of disappearing randomly and reliving his own death. Plus, I could never tie Lila down like that.
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games. Who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) OR Dorian Havilliard (Throne of Glass)
Dorian’s chivalrous self would totally volunteer as tribute for me, and then he’d kill everyone with magic and we’d live happily ever after and make little magic babies and… wait, what are we talking about again? *fans face*
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles) OR Wolf (Lunar Chronicles)
Seeing as how Cinder is mostly made up of metal, I’m gonna have to go with Wolf. But he’s probably all muscle, so I’m definitely gonna die.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own TV show of course). Who is your sidekick?
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles) OR AIDAN (Illuminae)
Ooo, this is a tough one! Scarlet is badass and can shoot a gun pretty well, whereas AIDAN is a powerful, all-knowing AI system. I’m gonna have to go with AIDAN, so I can be the next Batman! (Batwoman?)
7. You’re a manager of an avocado admiring company. Who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Kady Grant (Illuminae) OR Kell (A Darker Shade of Magic)
Oh my gosh, I wouldn’t want to fire him, but Kell would be terrible. He’d keep disappearing to go do magic stuff and then just talk in really vague sentences when he finally showed up. Although, Kady has an attitude with everyone, so I would probably be screwed either way.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies. Who is most likely to comfort you?
Harry Potter OR Princess Winter (Lunar Chronicles)
I think Harry would try, but he’s way too awkward and is usually the one who needs comforting. Winter, however, would say something weird yet meaningful and then we’d go get food or something.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Rhysand (A Court of Thorns and Roses) OR Adam Parrish (Raven Cycle)
Rhysand’s charm and good looks would definitely put him in everyone’s good graces, and he’d be like that jock that is secretly a nerd and refuses to bully anyone.
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Carswell Thorne (Lunar Chronicles) OR Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter)
Neville is way too sweet to forget my birthday, whereas Thorne would probably forget because it doesn’t have anything to do with Cress or himself. But then he’d try to play it off somehow, and I WOULDN’T BE FOOLED THORNE YOU JERK.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming Booktube star. Who would it most likely be?
Blue Sargent (Raven Cycle) OR Newt Scamander (Fantastic Beasts/Harry Potter)
I can’t imagine either of them enjoying that much attention, but since Newt already writes books, I think he’d have an interesting Booktube channel.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately, you can only invite one person. Who would you invite?
Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter) OR Cress (Lunar Chronicles)
Awww, I love both of them! But if I can only choose one, I have to go with my girl Ginny. We can talk crap about boys and watch Quidditch.
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
Aelin Galathynius (Throne of Glass) OR Ron Weasley (Harry Potter)
Ok, biologically the answer would be Ron, but I don’t really like him and can’t imagine ever being in that situation. Plus, Hermione would probably kill me. So I’m choosing Aelin. Our magic baby would have, well, really awesome magic!
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
Nik Malikov (Gemina) OR Jacin (Lunar Chronicles)
Jacin would TOTALLY ignore me, deeming whatever I said not all that important and going about the rest of his day.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by… who?!
Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) OR Gansey (Raven Cycle)
Well, since it’s my mom, that means Hermione is cooking me breakfast. With magic. Which would be rad af! And I guess that means Ron is my new dad, so it’s a good think he didn’t get me pregnant earlier.
Sidenote: Can I wake up to Gansey as my husband? I don’t actually have one to replace, but still. It must be considered.
I tag anyone seeing this who wants to participate! I really enjoyed this one, and I think you will, too!