Hello, and happy Sunday! I thought I’d take the time to post about a readathon I recently decided to join, which starts today. Gasp!
If you haven’t heard of it, the FemPowerAThon is a readathon that celebrates strong women, and it runs March 19-26. There are eight different prompts the books you choose should try to incorporate, and if you don’t think you can read eight books, you’re allowed to double up (so two prompts per book). Thank goodness for me, since I am not a speedy reader!
I tried to pick books I already owned and haven’t read before, so my TBR may not cover all eight of these, but I certainly am going to try! Here are the books I decided to include:
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
- Dear Ijeawele, Or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson
The prompts I’m hoping to cover with these are:
- A woman in a position of power
- A woman of color
- An own voices novel
- A female protagonist and not set in the western world
If the books happen to cover more prompts as I read them, then that will be even better!
What about you? Have you heard of this readathon, or are you participating in any other readathons right now?