Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Author signings and book festivals are a couple of the most fun things I’ve ever been to. I was never really able to go to them when I lived in small Texas towns, but once I moved to Chicago, the book world really opened up for me!
I’ve been fortunate enough to meet some of my favorite authors, including Marissa Meyer, Leigh Bardugo, Roxane Gay, Megan Stielstra and Meg Cabot, at signings held by my local bookstore and at BookCon 2016. But there are still tons of authors I am dying to meet! Here are my top 10, along with which books inspired me to want to meet them, in no particular order:
- V.E. Schwab (Shades of Magic, Monster of Verity)
- Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle)
- Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass, A Court of Thorns and Roses)
- J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter)
- Stephen King (IT, The Shining, etc.)
- Amie Kaufman (The Illuminae Files)
- Jay Kristoff (The Illuminae Files)
- Neil Gaiman (Coraline, American Gods)
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Americanah, We Should All Be Feminists, Dear Ijeawele)
- Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games)
Hopefully, I will get to meet Maggie Stiefvater (who I’ve narrowly missed TWICE) and V.E. Schwab at this year’s BookCon, as well as Sarah J. Maas during one of her ACOWAR tour stops. I’m crossing my fingers that Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman make an appearance at BookCon or somewhere near Chicago, because I totally missed them last year. (Like, I was a couple of feet away from them at BookCon, but didn’t know I was obsessed with them yet.)
Also, I’m going to a signing and meeting Laini Taylor on April 3, but I haven’t actually read any of her books yet, so I felt like I’d be a poser to include her on my list. But I am determined to read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series and her new book Strange the Dreamer!
Who are you dying to meet? Any favorites you have already met?