Long time, no see, y’all! I’ve been focusing on reading and my Bookstagram lately, but wanted to update my blog with details about the readathons I’ll be participating in during July and August!
I’ll be joining the Ordinary Wizarding Levels (O.W.L.s) Readathon in July, even though it actually took place in April, because I wanted to prepare for the Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests (N.E.W.T.s) in August. Both readathons are inspired by the exams in Harry Potter, and created by Book Roast!
The reading prompts are based on classes from Harry Potter, and my TBR for the O.W.L.s follows:
- Ancient Runes (Book with symbol on the cover): The Merciless
- Arithmancy (Book with a number on the cover or in title): LIFEL1K3
- Astronomy (Science fiction book): Renegades
- Care of Magical Creatures (Book with magical creature in story or on cover): An Enchantment of Ravens
- Charms (Fantasy book): Flame in the Mist
- Defense Against the Dark Arts (Book about/featuring secret societies/clubs): Ace of Shades
- Divination (Book featuring a prophecy): Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Herbology (Nature-related word in the title): The Hazel Wood
- History of Magic (Historical fiction): Sing, Unburied, Sing
- Muggle Studies (Non-fiction): The Wrong Way to Save Your Life
- Potions (Book about/with alchemy): Everless
- Transfiguration (Deals with shape-shifting or similar theme OR cat on the cover): City of Ghosts
While we don’t have to read every book and can just focus on the classes we’re interested in, I’m going to do my best to tackle them all!